Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year's Resolutions

I may be jumping the gun a bit seeing as I haven't yet done my end-of-year recap, but the year hasn't quite ended yet, so I figure I'm good.

My resolutions for 2018 are going to be a bit different from previous years. While those resolutions worked well for me in those particular times, I'm not sure that the "submit one item per month or 12 over the course of the year" metric is the right now going forward -- the reasons why will become clear when I write up the end-of-year report and explain why/how I did/didn't meet my 2017 resolution. So last night while I was lying in bed, I thought about what alternative resolutions I might want to adopt instead, and what I decided on boiled down to these:

  • Read more stuff.
  • Write more stuff.
  • Make more stuff.
  • Do more stuff.
  • Hug more stuff.

For where I'm at and how 2018 will be shaping up, that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment