Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Reading

I decided today was going to be "clean PDFs off the desktop" day.

  • Dag Westerståhl, "On the Aristotelian Square of Opposition", (from his website).
  • Manley Thompson, "On Aristotle's Square of Opposition", Philosophical Review 62, no. 2 (1953): 251-265.
  • Nathaniel Mackey, "Other: From Noun to Verb", Representations 39 (1992): 51-70.
  • Ryuko Kubota, "Discursive Construction of the Images of US Classrooms", TESOL Quarterly 35, no. 1 (2001): 9-38 (only skimmed, as it turned out to be not relevant.)
  • Adam Jaworski & Justine Coupland, "Othering in Gossip: 'You Go out You Have a Laugh and You Can Pull Yeah Okay but Like...'", Language in Society 34, no. 5 (2005): 667-694. (ditto parenthetical above).
  • George Engelbretson, "The Square of Opposition", NDJFL 17, no. 4 (1976): 531-541.
  • More Malink while at lunch.

Writing

  • Worked on code-switching paper. When I printed off my pages of random blather and collected notes, I was quite pleased to find it was already 7 pages! I had a surprisingly productive day working on it; I wrote out about 1.5 pages of notes long-hand (a rare occurrence), and then spent a lot of time rearranging already written paragraphs into a sensible order. I felt like I was constantly cutting material, but the paper continually got longer, which is always a satisfying experience.

Revising

Refereeing

  • Received a referee report, so spent some time doing JoLLI stuff in the afternoon.

Teaching

Conferences

Miscellaneous

No comments:

Post a Comment