Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Reading

Writing

  • Proofread AiML14. It took longer than it should because I kept getting distracted by the shiny which is my newly finished crown. Pictures were posted on FB!

Revising

Refereeing

Teaching

Conferences

  • Intro to TEI training this morning. I learned three very important things in it: 1. I am wholly incompetent on a German keyboard, and touch pads are of the devil because you keep touching them when you don't want them. 2. I never want to edit XML in a "smart" editor ever again. I will do all of my XML editing in VIM, tyvm. 3. XML/TEI seems like a sad, sad excuse for LaTeX. I had two pages worth of XML'ed text, and it took oXygen 34 seconds to compile a very ugly PDF.

Miscellaneous

No comments:

Post a Comment